August 29, 2014

This Week in PK: August 29, 2014

amybpihl on Instagram

Another week has flown by!  And guess what?  That means that we're one week closer to FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

Can you tell that I'm excited?  I am.  I am I am I am.

Last night was the last preseason game for my beloved Green Bay Packers, and they happened to be playing the Kansas City Chiefs.  The Chiefs are the team of choice of my beloved, so a Packers-meets-the-Chiefs game is a big deal in our house.

The fact that it was only a preseason game (read: practice game to work out a team's kinks and test players) was good for our marriage.  Had it been a real game, one of us would not be speaking to the other today.

No joke.



The Packers hosted the game, and it made my heart sing to see loyal Packer fans blanketing the stadium in green and gold (even for the preseason).  I was especially fond of this fan:


She knows about that house divided stuff, man.

For the record, I have no idea who she is, no clue who her husband is, and seriously doubt that she actually thinks her man is a loser.  She just happens to be a rabid football fan on her team's home turf who came with the enemy a fan of the opposition.  Right?

Moving on...

Yesterday I posted about some pretty awesome Pihl action.  If you haven't seen it, you should check it out.

This weekend will hold the following:

  • an 11 mile training walk
  • a LOT of house cleaning
  • yardwork
  • Mr. Pihl working on Sunday
  • A 3 day weekend for me (YAAAYYYYY!!!!)
  • Hosting a kick-butt backyard movie night
That last one is my favorite.  Mr. Pihl has a projector and an outdoor movie screen, and I have the Disney-Pixar movie UP on DVD.  Pair that with the perfect backyard space and a popcorn maker and VOILA!  You got yourself a perfect end-of-summer movie night under the stars.

I can't wait to share the photos with you!

What are you up to this weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment