June 30, 2014

Public Service Announcement: Gameday Rules

Take note.  Mr. Pihl and I will be unplugged shortly.

In case you've been living under a rock and have neglected to notice...

WE'RE IN THE THROWS OF THE WORLD CUP, MAN.


In case you don't know this about me, I kinda sorta played, lived, and breathed soccer for approximately 17 years.

While I no longer play, I do become engrossed in watching and cheering during matches.

Speaking of matches, the United States Mens National Soccer Team plays TOMORROW (Tuesday July 1) and I'll be at work.

Que the sad music.

In the interest of getting to watch and appreciate all 90+ minutes of play, Mr. Pihl and I will be recording the USA vs. Belgium game whilst ignoring LIFE until we get home to watch it together, uninterrupted.  That means we'll be silencing our phones, avoiding all social media, and turning a blind eye to the world until we get home.  Upon arrival to our home I plan on self-medicating with an adult beverage while I rock back and forth in the fetal position yelling at the referees, the coaches, and the players all while trying to avoid a heart attack.

So, I have that going for me.

I'm going to try to be like this guy (sans cute and happy offspring spoiling the result):


While I'm abstaining from the instant gratification of the information age, you don't have to.  You can stream the game here.

And if you feel the need to jovially hint to me ANY of the details of the match, I beg you from the bottom of my over-anxious heart,

DONT.

Upon penalty of death.  Or at least a really nasty email.

This has been a public service announcement.

2 comments :