March 18, 2014

Ten Car-Related Things I Know to Be True

CC Image by Heidi Blanton via Flickr

Let's just jump right into this week's Tuesday Ten, shall we?

One

General Motors decided to recall my vehicle this week.  You can read about their gross mishandling of their body of knowledge regarding the ignition problem with my car here.


Two

I'm still alive (thank goodness) which means that the aforementioned recall of my vehicle was caught in time (thank goodness).  What I understand from reading multiple articles by using a Google News search and the actual recall letter I hunted down is that... my vehicle had the potential to accidentally turn itself off WHILE IT'S IN USE.  How terrifying is that?!  Very terrifying, my friends.  Think about it.  I'm hurtling down the interstate at 75 mph when suddenly my car decides to randomly shut down.  That would leave me with NO electrical connections, NO airbags, NO steering...  Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.


Three

GM promised affected auto owners (me) that they would have access to a complimentary loaner vehicle, if they (owners, i.e. - me) chose to take them up on it.  


Four

I chose to take them up on it.  I'm now driving a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu as a loaner, and will be doing so until mid April.


Five

My mom drives a Chevy Malibu, and it has tried to injure/scrape/bruise me on six different occasions (though it could just be attributed to my accident-proneness).


Six

I've driven the Malibu for a total of 8 minutes as of this moment, and so far it has not managed to injure, scrape, bruise, or mangle me in any way.  But there's always tomorrow.


Seven

The replacement part for my vehicle will ship out as of April 7.


Eight

Mr. Pihl and I will be discussing the merits of keeping my vehicle against the merits of a new vehicle.  


Nine

I'm completely freaked out that I'm going to get the loaner Malibu scratched/damaged/dinged in some way.


Ten

I really like dessert, and I think I'm going to make low-carb brownies tonight.  Dessert is my love language and coincidentally it's also my vehicle-problem coping mechanism.


A-to-the-men.



No comments :

Post a Comment