October 9, 2014

Sunflowers at Sunset



A few weeks ago as I was pulling off the highway exit to our little town, I laid my eyes upon an amazing Kansas sunset.  What struck me most was the sunflower field in front of me, creating the perfect foreground to the glory happening in the sky.

Kansas knows how to make a sunset, and I'm constantly in awe of her beauty.   This photographer agrees with me, and some of his photos leave me green with jealousy.  I'd love to be able to capture sunsets like him someday!

Sorry.  Sunset envy.
In the meantime, let me share a few of my sunset shots with you.  Keep in mind that I'm a total beginner, I don't have access to a "real" photo editing program (I use PicMonkey), and I have no training in photo editing whatsoever.

Well, on that happy note, I'll share these:





I got a little crazy with the filters...


See?


But then I noticed this little fella:


And like Crouching Redhead, (not-so) Hidden Amy, I hunkered down waiting for the butterfly to open its wings.


Patience is not one of my virtues.


By this time my quads were perturbed from squatting for such a prolonged period of time.


But in the end, it was totally worth the wait.


TOTALLY.


Amen.

1 comment :