August 28, 2014

Proud to be a Pihl

Gina Dreher Photography
Have I mentioned lately that I'm proud to be a Pihl?  Well, I am.  My husband's family are amazing people, and I'm so happy to be a part of their legacy!

Part of my motivation to commit to walking in the 3 Day Walk this upcoming November is that:
1.  Mr. Pihl's momma is a breast cancer survivor
and
2. Mr. Pihl's aunt Karla has a passion for finding a cure for breast cancer that is truly inspiring
Karla has been walking in the 3 Day for many years, and this year she's our team captain!  Yup-there'll be SEVEN of us from the sticks of Kansas walking in San Diego before we know it.

I'm planning on writing a big post about the walk soon, but today I want to get back to the latest reason I'm proud to be a Pihl.

This:


Here's a link to the accompanying article.

Karla isn't featured, but her creative fundraising expertise is.  And guess what?!  There's my sweet mother-in-law!  Watching this clip on the evening news last night made my heart swell with pride and love.

Have I mentioned that I'm proud to be a Pihl?


1 comment :

  1. Oh, what a wonderful message! Sue, Karla, and the Pihl family are truly awesome. Go PINK!

    ReplyDelete