August 1, 2014

This Week in PK: August 1, 2014

We bought a bike for me yesterday.  Mr. Pihl decided to test drive it in the parking lot to make sure it was "up to snuff."  It was.
August.  How is it AUGUST?  Geeze.  Summer flies when you're having fun.

This week has been slow on the blogging material front, especially since I'm learning and adjusting to my 21 Day Fix program.  One week (almost) down!

I'm feeling pretty good about it and have been able to tweak a few of my favorite recipes to comply with the program's food group restrictions and allowances.

For instance, I threw together a 21 Day Fix approved version of my Aunt Chris's salad:


I used quinoa in the place of the pasta and left out the pine nuts.

Divine!

Also, I had a go at a slammin' Chinese chicken salad .  It's based on that oldie (but a goodie) with the Ramen Noodles, but I tried Bragg's Liquid Aminos as a healthier alternative to soy sauce for the chicken and the dressing.  Verdict?  Winner, winner!


Remind me to post the recipe sometime.

In terms of the Fix, I'm hanging in there.  I had been accustomed to having 2 really BIG meals a day, but the fix wants me to spread out my eating into 6 small meals per day.  In this adjustment period, I'm finding it difficult to not eat my afternoon snack in addition to my lunch.

Anyhow, I'll keep at it.

The workouts are intense.  Yesterday I tried pilates for the first time EVER, and oh my gosh, my hips were on fire!

I know it will be to me benefit, though.  Presently however, I wince whenever I have to move.

I've started "pinning" things on Pinterest to a 21 Day Fix themed board.  I have a few cheat sheet charts and whatnot on there, but mostly I'm trying to find ideas for recipes to keep things interesting and diverse.  I found a fan-TAB-u-lous recipe for a fruit sorbet of sorts (frozen fruit=1 purple container; regular Greek yogurt=1 red container; lemon juice and a splash of liquid stevia=FREE!) that I've been making in my Nutri-bullet, and it's DELICIOUS.  It resembles a real dessert, and I've been really looking forward to it over the past few nights.  Anyhow, here's my board:


Feel free to send suggestions my way!  You can post comments at the bottom of this post, holler at me on Facebook, or send me a tweet!

Lastly, this weekend will be prep for a mini end-of-summer trip we are taking with my in-laws to Colorado next week.  Yes, I planned to be on a diet during my vacation.  No, that was not smart.

Don't be like me.

Now, excuse me while I waddle and wince my way down the stairs.

No comments :

Post a Comment