August 4, 2014

Blender Fruit "Ice Cream" (AND it's Diet-Friendly!)



So, I'm one week into my 21 Day Fix.

I don't know about your dieting experience, but mine is HARD.  I made it through my first week due to this little gem.

Fruit "ice cream."  Mmmm......

It hasn't been easy, but I'm already seeing results!!!  At the rate I'm going, you just might get to see my "before pictures" just so that I can share my "after" pictures to compare them to.  As a side note, I'm pretty darn sure I'm going to do 2 or 3 rounds of the 21 Day Fix, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Speaking of the 21 Day Fix, here's a 21 Day Fix APPROVED treat!  Actually, it's a plain ol' diet-approved treat, dagnabbit.

But back to the treat.  It's easy peasy and all you need is a blender!  I made mine in our Nutri-bullet, but any blender will do.

Essentially you just need:

  • 1 cup frozen fruit (for you 21 Day Fix-ers: 1 PURPLE container)
  • 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (for you 21 Day Fix-ers: 1 RED container) 
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 1 teaspoon of the sweetener of your choice (honey, real maple syrup, sugar substitute, etc.)

So for those on the Fix:  That's 1 Purple, 1 Red, and 1 teaspoon.

If you have NO CLUE what I'm talking about, check out this chart.

Anywho...

I poured my 1 cup of fruit into my bullet, and pulsed it a few times until the fruit became coarsely ground.

Like dees:



Don't worry.  One was for me and one was for Mr. Pihl.

Next I added the yogurt, lemon juice, and sweetener of choice (I used liquid Stevia).

Blend, and enjoy!


Easy peasy.

PLUS, you can mix up your fruit flavors!  Last week I tried this with frozen strawberries, blueberries, and a mixed berry blend (on three separate occasions, to clarify).

All were AMAZING, I tell you.

And I love ya, so I wouldn't lie to you.

So go forth!  Have a "treat" on your diet!

I'm sure gonna.

No comments :

Post a Comment