March 13, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Alfredo


Yesterday I wrote a post about the best way I've found to prepare spaghetti squash.

I simply love how versatile this stuff is.

Spaghetti and meatballs.  Lemon, parsley, and olive oil.  Chicken and a cream sauce.  "Macaroni" and cheese.  Pasta florentine.  Butter and garlic with shrimp scampi.

I'm tellin' ya, the possibilities are endless.

This particular journey with spaghetti squash is one of my personal favorites.

It reminds me of those "Pasta-Roni" boxes of pasta.  You know...

Tell me you know!

Anyhow, here's the secret!

You'll need:
  • 1 spaghetti squash, roasted and prepared
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream (or whole milk - I've tried it with both)
  • 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a skillet and add the garlic once the butter begins to sizzle.  Once the garlic has had an opportunity to toast itself in the buttery goodness (about a minute or so), add in the heavy cream/milk.

Stir the cream with a whisk often to prevent burning.

Add in all spices.

Add in the spaghetti squash flesh.

Bring the temperature of the squash up before adding the cheese.

Stir, serve, and enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment