February 19, 2014

Tuesday Ten: Ten Low-Carb Recipes I'm Dying to Try

My current low-carb snack obsession.   I know.
Well, another week has come and gone since I came out to the world as a procrastinator (though my former college professors already knew that about me) and I STILL haven't posted my review of our honeymoon.

It will happen.

Eventually, of course.

Meanwhile, Mr. Pihl are still on the hunt for low-carb recipes to try out and share here on Pihling Kansas.  If you think you have one for us, please feel free to share a link in the comments section below!  We LOVE food, and we'd love to check out whatever gem you have in your arsenal.

Anywho, in the spirit of Tuesday, here are ten low-carb recipes (or things I'm willing to make low-carb) we are hoping to try soon and very soon:

  1. Low-Carb Chocolate Mousse - They had me at chocolate.
  2. Guilt-Free Pizza Bites - Umm... Pizza.  Duh.
  3. Flourless Chocolate Cake - We'll have to use artificial sweetener, of course, but c'mon!  CAKE!
  4. Crockpot Chicken Fajitas  - Our slow-cooker is seriously under-utilized.  Time to change that!
  5. Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Onions - Well... the pork roast and onions part will work for us.  Heaven knows that I wish the sweet potato part would as well.
  6. Roast Chicken - I've never roasted a chicken before.  I think we need to fix this as soon as possible.
  7. Low-Carb "Limoncello" Mousse - I'm a lemon dessert hound, and this looks scrumptious.  Amen.
  8. Chicken Breast with Sherry Sauce - Three words: Cooking with BOOZE.
  9. Spaghetti Squash Medley - I snatch up spaghetti squash like a banshee whenever I can find it.  This looks like a great variant on some of my go to recipes!
  10. Paleo Banana Bread - This is going to take some research on my part.  The author/poster claims that this is low carb, and as much as I want to believe her, I'm highly skeptical (wheat flour-free doesn't automatically mean it's low-carb).  But hey, I love to be wrong on this one!
What are some of your favorite go-to healthy meals?

No comments :

Post a Comment