January 12, 2014

Sugar-Free Peppermint Mocha


On my day off I decided to try to get a little crazy with my coffee AND try to stay within the realm of my low-carb diet lifestyle.

Two words?

Mission accomplished.


Sugar-free syrups, heavy cream (just say a Hail Mary and go for it, people), and unsweetened cocoa powder turned my morning coffee into a seriously delicious experience.

You should try this today.  It's superb.  And creamy.  And sweet-ish, without being too sweet.

AND... It's Mr. Pihl's creation.

Thanks, babe!

Ya' know... I do have creme de menthe left over from a grasshopper pie...  Can you envision subbing out the peppermint syrup for minty, boozy, goodness?  I can!  Hello, my next cheat day!

Anyhow, here's the secret!

You'll need:

  • 8-10 ounces of brewed coffee, very hot
  • 1 tbsp of heavy cream
  • 1/4 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, plus additional for dusting
  • Sugar-free peppermint syrup
  • Sugar-free chocolate syrup
  • Optional: Whipped cream for topping
Into your mug, add the cream, two pumps (1 tbsp) of peppermint syrup, one pump of chocolate (1/2 tbsp), and the unsweetened cocoa powder.  Add your coffee.

If you're feeling a little wiley, top it off with whipped cream and a dusting of the unsweetened cocoa powder.

Voila!  Enjoy!

(Note: I brew my Keurig Vue coffee directly into the creamy, chocolatey, minty concoction.  And it's delicious!)


No comments :

Post a Comment