January 11, 2014

My Day Off



Whenever it's my weekend to work at the library, I get the Friday before and the Tuesday after off from work in compensation.

It's not a bad deal, really.

Yesterday was my day off, and I was so thankful that is was by the time sunset came around.

Isn't that beautiful?  Kansas's sunrises and sunsets always get me.

Our glass doors out to our back deck face the west, and our kitchen was flooded with beautiful light.  Had I been at work, I would have missed the beautiful display!

I love the colors in the clouds and the light gleaming on the melting snow.

Sigh.

Mr. Pihl had to work, so I wrote out a list of "to-do's" and set out to git 'er done.

First on the list was to de-Christmas the house.


I love Christmas decor, and I felt a little sadder with every ornament, stocking, or Thomas Kinkade Musical Christmas Carol Clock that was put away.

The Thomas Kinkade clock has Mr. Pihl's bachelor days written all over it, by the way.  

Whenever I de-Christmas, the space always looks worse before it looks better.

See?



Aren't you glad that I didn't make you help?

Though she couldn't help, B did want to make her presence known.  Loudly.


Hello?  What?!  I'm not loud.  Mom's lying.  Liar!

She's something else. 


No comments :

Post a Comment