January 11, 2014

Low-Carb Root Beer Float


Dieting can be a drag for those of us with an insatiable sweet tooth.  

(Example:  Christmas cookie season.  Ungh)

But, what is this?!  A root beer float?  A diet-friendly root beer float?!?!

Yes, please!  Sign me up!


This is super simple to make.  I promise.  And it's what got me through my pre-wedding dieting.  

Anyhow, here's the secret!

You'll need:
  • Blending appliance (blender, magic bullet, nutri bullet, etc)
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup (or so) crushed ice
  • 1 can of diet root beer 
Pour the measured cream into the blender (I used our NutriBullet) and add the crushed ice.  Open the root beer and add a tablespoon or so to the ice and cream.  Blend well until the ice has been crushed and the cream looks like it's pretending to be an icy form of ice cream.

Pour the mixture into a glass or frosty mug, pour in the remaining root beer, and enjoy!

Straws are optional according to your personal preference, but I love them!

No comments :

Post a Comment