March 24, 2014

Weekend Warrior ... NOT

I realize that I didn't post a week synopsis last Friday.

Between falling off the low-carb wagon and eating a few of these:

...and by a "few" I mean FOUR.
...And then watching KU basketball loose over the weekend, I confess that I wasn't super motivated to chronicle my accident proneness.

Mr. Pihl worked this weekend at his pharmacy, which left me with an opportunity to go to a movie in Salina with my dear friend/mentor/surrogate mama.

We saw God's Not Dead and we LOVED it.  I highly recommend this movie.  No spoiler alert here, other than GO SEE THIS MOVIE.  Whether or not you're a Christian (I am), this film will get the wheels in your head a-turnin' and just might tug on your heartstrings a little.

Here's the trailer:



I've never watched Duck Dynasty a day in my life, but the Robertson's cameo in the film was very well done and pretty darn funny.

Our theater was PACKED to the gills Saturday afternoon, and rumor has it, the movie was sold out in Salina on Friday night.

Movie critic sites are a leetle surprised by the film's success.

I'm not.  It was pretty rad.  As of this moment, Rotten Tomatoes hasn't scored God's Not Dead, but 86% of movie-goers liked it.

In other news, I spent most of last week with a headache.  Mr. Pihl came home from work on Sunday and asked a question, which lead to the following conversation:
Mr. P: Hey, I was thinking... what if your headaches last week were actually triggered by red wine?
Me: (Staring open-mouthed, gaping with an incredulous glare in my eyes)
Mr. P: Well, red wine can cause migraines in some people.
Me: I reject your hypothesis.  In fact, I'll have to conduct MUCH more field research to even give it a second thought.
Mr. P: But what if it's giving you pain?
Me: No pain, no gain, man.


I'm beyond logical discussions.  They're beneath me.

Other than cinematic adventures and doing a massive amount of pre-vacation laundry, I didn't accomplish much this weekend.

I'm okay with that (if you are).


No comments :

Post a Comment