March 20, 2014

One Week from Today


One week from today, Mr. Pihl and I will get to recreate this picture.

Okay, not actually this picture.  This picture is from our Disney World trip last year, and one week from today we're actually heading out to Anaheim to go to DisneyLAND.


It's just that the photo of us from Disneyland's Main Street, USA is not one of my favorites.

See?


Less than stellar photo.

Mr. Pihl and I were dating, and I hijacked him from Kansas to California to meet my folks.  As a reward for good behavior, I suggested that we go to Disneyland.

I'm generous while harboring self-interested intentions like that.

We have reservations to go back to the Blue Bayou (the restaurant INSIDE the Pirates of the Caribbean ride), and you'd better believe I'll be ordering their famous monte cristo sandwiches.


Again.

And battling with the awesome ambiance that is not so great for photos.


Again.

But this time my parents will get to join in, for the love of carbs.

And waffle cones with Ghirardelli ice cream.

And Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispie treats.

And Dole Whips (if you don't know what those are, then you haven't lived, my friend).

You can tell that we eat our way through Disney by our dessert montage extravaganza from our Disney World trip last year.


I think I should probably pack bigger pants.


No comments :

Post a Comment