March 1, 2014

My Sister

I started tormenting her when we were young.  It hasn't really stopped.
My sister is one of the coolest, weirdest, smartest, most athletic, interesting, kind, funny, level-headed, patient, generous, and loving hippies I know.

Okay, she's not actually a hippie.



Well... when you compare her to people in Kansas she is.  In her natural habitat of southern/central California, she's perfectly normal.

Normal is always a relative term, isn't it?

Anyhow, she's pretty darn awesome.  After all, she's managed to put up with me as her big sister her whole life.  That's no easy feat, my friends.


I like to bug her.

And pester her.

A LOT.  From coast to coast! 

The photo above was from her (undergrad) graduation day on the sunny west coast, and this one...


 ...was taken while we were being tourists in Washington, D.C.

Notice the similarities in torment?

But I love her.

She's gorgeous inside and out.


She's silly.  I wonder who she learned that little gem from?



She's flipping brilliant.


And she's going to be furious when/if she ever figures out that the above photo was posted on here.

Apparently there's a typo somewhere on it, which of course is all she notices when it comes to this particular research writeup.  All I see is the result of my sister's academic labor as a summer intern at a certain university that starts with the letter "C" and ends with "lemson".

It's hard to figure out, I know.


Have I mentioned that she dipped into the awesome end of the gene pool?

She sports a Hungarian tan while I get to exemplify the fair-skinned complexion of our pasty-white Irish ancestors.

Plus she's tall.


Well, taller than me.

I have height envy.

I also have ab envy.  The girl has abs of steel from 23 years of dancing.


I know.

Crazy/awesome girl.

Also, she has this little quirk...

After she eats, she'll get one hiccup.

Just ONE.  And it's special.  It's loud.  It's proud.  And it sounds a little like...


... a pterodactyl.  No joke.  She could never sneak up on anyone because she can't hold her one hiccup in.

It cracks me up.  Har har.


But at the end of the day, I'm in awe of her.  And her tan-ness.

And what she's going to accomplish in this beautiful-wonderful life of her's.



Because with this girl, the sky's the limit.  She wants to change the world, and by golly, I'd put my money on the bet that she's going to do it.


After all, not just anyone can hiccup like a pterodactyl.

2 comments :

  1. I love my daughters!!! Happy birthday, Megan. Happy every day to both of you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete