February 28, 2014

This Week in PK: February 28, 2014

From our 2013 Disney World Engagement Trip
I consider myself a Disney person, but this week I discovered someone who makes my and Mr. Pihl's appreciation for all-things-Disney look like an occasional weekend hobby.

Have you heard of Jon Negroni?

The fella wrote this piece about the real identity of Andy's mom and other elements from the Toy Story movies that blew my mind.

Like, wow.

If you haven't read it, please do.  Tell me I'm not alone in the mind-blown department.


Further exploration of his site revealed that he has an entire piece of work he fondly calls "The Pixar Theory" in which he makes a claim (based on a ton of legwork) that all of the Disney Pixar movies exist in the same universe.

I hope I didn't just butcher that.  Jon?  Sorry, man.  But I promise that I'm incredibly impressed.

Seriously.

I'm going to go on the Toy Story Mania ride at Disneyland's California Adventure park in 27 days, and I'll think of you and your awesomeness.

Well.  In other non-stalker-ish weekly news...

It's my weekend to work at the library, so I actually got to spend the day at home in compensation (though I still feel like this GIF of Maggie Smith's Downton character asking, "What's a weekend?" every weekend I have to work).

Speaking of Downton, I LOVE Downton Abbey.  Have I told you that?

Hey ma, if you're not watching this show yet, you NEED to. And I do mean need as in how we all need oxygen.  It's vital to your well-being, mom.  I proclaim it to be in the same category as the six hour A&E Pride and Prejudice (Which is the only version I'll watch.  Forget you, Keira Knightley).

Where was I going with this?  Oh, yeah.  No spoiler alert here, but I finally just watched the finale from Season 4, and wowza.  So good.

In other news, here are some statistics for my week:

The number of times I stubbed my toe: 3 (You'd think I'd learn after 2)

The age the AARP thinks I am: 50

The age I actually am: 50 minus 24

The age I wish I could be forever: the age I am now

The number of readers PK usually claims: 2 (thanks, mom and Mr. Pihl!)

The number of readers PK frequented the day that Valentin posted my review onto their Facebook page: 1500+

The number of readers I predict PK will have next week: 2 (thanks, mom and Mr. Pihl!)

Well... it was exciting while it lasted!  I wouldn't expect anyone but my mom and Mr. Pihl to read my usual dribble.  They only visit PK because they have to.  That whole "unconditional love" thing and whatnot.

Enjoy your weekend for me!  Remember I'll be chanting this for the next 48 hours.

No comments :

Post a Comment