January 21, 2014

Tuesday Ten

Whew, what a week!

I don't know about you, but the last seven days have been nutty.  Absolutely nutty!

In an attempt to organize my crazy while sharing some of the highlights of our week (this one's for you, mom) I'm going to start a new tradition on Pihling Kansas.

Welcome, Tuesday Ten.

Rather than tell you what Tuesday Ten will be about, let me show you...



One


As a wedding present my colleague, friend, and fellow librarian collected a sample of our invitations, RSVP cards, and our programs and sent them out to StudioNCreations on Etsy.com.  When I got to work on Thursday these two lovely keepsakes were waiting for me.

Aren't they awesome?!

I can't wait to get my act together and take them home after having them sit on my desk for 4.89537 days and show them to Mr. Pihl.



Two

We leave for our honeymoon to the Valentin Imperial resort in less than four days.  Oh my, I'm excited-- though I think that my liver might be a teensy bit apprehensive at the work it's going to have to do.  (Read:  I'm going on vacation.  My liver is NOT.  Amen, brotha.)



Three

My goal is to take a picture of every adult beverage I consume on our trip.  We'll see if my iPhone's storage permits me to do so.  *Hic*


Four

Remember how I'm supposed to be on a low-carb diet, granting myself a cheat-day once a week?  For the last seven days I seem to have conveniently neglected to live by those rules.  Fun fact!  Two weeks of healthy eating and work can all but be wiped out in one very carb-y weekend!

Whoops.



Five


I will be sporting one-piece swimsuits for the majority of our honeymoon, like this one I just ordered from Old Navy.  Why?  Refer to numbers two and four above.



Six


Kansas Day is coming up on January 29, and as the self-appointed display person in my department at work I've put together a little something to celebrate the founding of our state.


I've written a post about it for the library's blog which is set to go up this Saturday.  Photos of some of the awesome folks I wrangled up will be in the post, but the actual display is up and active now if you want to come take a gander!



Seven

Yesterday we were closed to the public but open for staff.  Long story short, we hosted an inservice day and got the chance to meet library folks from two other Kansas libraries.  I can't begin to describe how much I enjoyed getting to chat with these ladies and gentlemen about all things library.  Seriously!  It recharged my library batteries just to get to share (and listen to) ideas and stories.  



Eight

We know I'm a Green Bay Packer fan by now, right?  Well, raise your hand if you remember the "Fail Mary" debacle in 2012 when the Packers graciously took one in the gut so that the rest of the NFL could get their referees back?

My hand is raised.  Very high.

I haven't been able to let it go, really.  Pete Carroll (in my opinion) was AND remains the least humble human being on the planet.

Imagine my horror when the team I despise (Seattle) beats the team who tends to beat my Packers in very embarrassing situations (San Francisco)?

Sigh.  I don't know what to do with myself.

I'm so confused, I don't know whether scratch my watch or wind my butt.

NAME THAT MOVIE!



Nine


We watched the horror on a 120 inch screen in our basement, which made it all the more horrifying for me. Especially when Richard Sherman decided to go a leetle nuts in his interview with Erin Andrews.

Seriously.  Imagine that on 120 inches.  Shudder.



Ten

I was the only one in the house NOT rooting for the Seahawks, by the way.

Remember the weekend of sports-related depression at the Pihl house?  I think it's all my fault.  I'm a cursed fan who curses the teams I support.  Cursed, cursed, cursed.

It's my lot in life.

You're welcome, Pete Carroll.

No comments :

Post a Comment