November 12, 2014

A World Where There Are Octobers

Image Source
Have you seen this lovely quote before?  I have.  I read the Anne of Green Gables books ravenously when I was a child, and I never truly understood what Anne was talking about until I got out of my Mojave Desert California town and came to Kansas.

Kansas does autumn right!

Speaking of autumn and living in a world of Octobers, I apologize that it's now November 12 and, well... it's been awhile, hasn't it?

Hiya, friend!  I do hope we're still friends.

October was incredibly busy in the Pihl household.  Maybe you heard that the Kansas City Royals were in the world series?

They were.  And it's not just one game.  Oh, NO.  It's a wildcard game, a series of the best of five games, a series of the best of seven games, and THEN you get to the world series.  There was a LOT of late night baseball viewing in my house this autumn.  And late night baseball watching leads to sleep reduction.  And sleep reduction leads to a lack of functionality in Amy.  Basically, I wandered through October in a sleepy haze, complete with Cracker Jacks stuck in my hair.

Yikes!  Sorry for that image in your brain.  Moving on...

We hosted a backyard game viewing under the stars (complete with snacks, blankets, and a popcorn maker) and had a great turn out!  Nearly 40 folks came over to enjoy the game with like-minded fans.  I managed to not take a single photo, but luckily my sweet mother-in-law captured a few.




I still haven't cleaned the popcorn maker.

Gross, I know.  I'm hoping that if I ignore it long enough it will become disgusted with itself and jump in the shower.  (Good luck with that, right?)

October also hosts the popularity of one of my favorite things in the world.

PUMPKINS.  And by default, pumpkin patches.

We visited a darling little pumpkin patch when Mr. Pihl's best man, his wife, and son came to visit.  So fun, and too pumpkin-y for words.












See that kid?  His reflexes to the exploding soda crack me up.  In other news, my husband decided to challenge a child we did not know to a round on the straw slide.


It didn't go to well for him.  But the kid on the right was thrilled!


The pumpkin patch also had this little guy, whom I loved at first sight and wanted to take home with me.


What a sweetie.

LASTLY... Mr. Pihl's church holds a Haunted Trail every year as a (massive) fundraiser for their youth group.  For WEEKS before Halloween our church dreams up and then creates obstacles for the mile long trail.  The level of volunteer commitment is staggering and very impressive.  It takes at least 100 volunteers to put on each night - 3 nights, by the way.

I still need to transfer these photos, so watch for them soon!

Happy November!

No comments :

Post a Comment