July 14, 2014

Weekend Rundown

We did a LOT this weekend.  My parents are visiting soon (yay!) which is code for my cleaning OCD to rear its ugly head.  So there's that.

My husband's highest weekend achievement and his pride and joy are tied between two things.

The smoke ring on these ribs:


And the state of our lawn.


I'm a novice when it comes to smoking meats, but what I understand is this:  Smoked meats (brisket, ribs, etc...) stay over a small amount of fuel (charcoal, in our case) creating a low cooking temperature for a prolonged period of time (4ish hours in our case).  To Mr. Pihl's credit, they were VERY good.  Very, as in today I totally had ribs for breakfast, good.

My greatest achievement, however, pertained to my self restraint.

On Saturday I happened to walk into Petco on "Adopt a Rescue Dog" day, and I managed to walk out without a dog.


I LOVE DOGS.  I want a dog soooo badly.  It's just not a good time for us.

But just to keep it real?  Had there been a single lab, beagle, or basset hound in the mix I TOTALLY would have caved.

Guess what I did today, honey?  Meet Gertrude!

Or Brutus.  Or Clarence.  Or Mabel.  Or Ernest.  Or Maude.  Or...

Yeah... We're probably better off with the smoke ringed ribs for now.

No comments :

Post a Comment