July 15, 2014

This One's For the Girls

Source: Bible Lock Screens
Like so many girls and women of all ages, I've been struggling with my self-image for most of my life.

I've run across a few things on social media this week that have reminded me of how beautiful all women are.  Inside.  Outside.  Mind.  Spirit.  Body.  Soul.  Heart.  And yes, even waistline.

I have to remind myself often to be encouraged by my Creator's opinion of me.  I can tear myself down in the blink of an eye, but that's not wisdom.  It's the opposite of truth.  He made me beautiful, exactly how I was meant to look.  His opinion matters more than anything, and while I know it's my job to keep his work of art healthy (my body), I know that it's also my job to love the body he created to house my soul.

In case you're struggling or have a heavy heart this week, I hope you find some encouragement in the videos, links, blog posts, and articles below.

And ladies?  You're beautiful.  You're generous.  You're kind.  You're worthy.  You're precious.  And you're on a journey of a lifetime.



Colbie Caillat's "Try"

  • This is lovely.  I love the song lyrics and the way natural beauty is not only embraced, but celebrated and encouraged by example.




This article by Robin Korth:

  • A woman in her fifties is back on the dating scene and after becoming close to someone, he violated her vulnerability by saying that he didn't get turned on by her wrinkles, and that she'd have to make changes if he was going to be able to love her body.  Her response makes me want to stand up and applaud.


John Legend's "You & I"

  • Someone pass the tissues.  *Sniff*




This blog post by Becky on her blog Scissortail Silk:

  • I recently discovered this blog, and today she posted a beautiful piece about her thoughts while staring into the mirror one night, sans makeup.  You go, girl.

And when all else fails to remind you (and me) how awesome and lovely you are... there's this oldie but goodie.

Kellie Pickler's "Don't You Know You're Beautiful"
  • Truth.





1 comment :