June 6, 2014

This Week in PK: June 6, 2014


Howdy!  TGIF, man.

It's been an interesting week, complete with more mosquitoes in one backyard than I ever thought possible.  The bites!  The scratching!  The agony!

On Wednesday night Mr. Pihl and his pops did some work on our yard and prepared our little plot of land for veggie planting (yay!).  Since it was such a pretty night, we fired up the grill and swooned to the bacon-y aroma of charcoal.

By "we" I of course mean Mr. Pihl.  He considers grilling an olympic sport.  My participation in that sentence revolved around the swooning.

My domain revolves around anything involving cookies.  Or cheesecake.  Or pie.  Or cake.  Essentially anything involving dessert.  Because, come on!  DESSERT!


Anywho -

This weekend Mr. Pihl and I will be offering ourselves up as living sacrifices to the army of mosquitoes in our yard once again while we attempt to plant in our newly plotted vegetable garden.

Want in on a little secret?  I kill plants.  It's part of my essence.

So, why did I decide to plant vegetables?

Because I'm a moron, that's why.

So, chances are that the next time you hear from me I'll be scratching a dozen (or more) mosquito bites and lamenting a dozen (or more) lost tomatoes.

Sounds like a good ol' Kansas summer to me!

What are your plans this weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment