June 5, 2014

#100happydays

#100happydays #day23
Hi.

Remember me?

I'm that crazy rambling redhead who went on an unannounced blog hiatus for the past 48 days.  No, I wasn't abducted, and I promise I didn't cheat on you with other blogs.

Well, not writing on them at least.  In the last 48 days I've discovered some pretty nifty sites (but that's for another day).


The past 48 days have been exhausting.  They've been busy.  They've seen a new vehicle (for ME!), a long and nasty email (for the people who recalled my car), my commitment to the Komen 3 Day Walk in San Diego in November, distributing an insane amount of letters and pleas for fundraising for my walk (I have to raise a minimum of $2,300 by November, but I'm ambitious and a little nuts so I shot a number into the wind and ended up with a goal of $3,000), a trip to Branson, Missouri on a big fat Pihl vacation, a cinnamon roll the size of my head at this place, and the decision that we are NOT moving or adding onto our house despite previous plans.

Oh, and today we experienced a totally crazy wind storm, complete with 70+mph winds and a power outage.

Whoopie!

Something else I discovered on my hiatus was a trend among a few of the folks I follow on Instagram.

Have you seen the hashtag #100happydays floating around your social media?

If not, that means you don't follow me, so SHAME on you!  Okay, just kidding.  But really, follow me.

The philosophy behind it is truly extraordinary, but don't take my word for it.  Check out their site.  Or read this article.

The gist is that you watch for something that makes you genuinely happy each and every day for 100 straight days.  The catch is that you have to share it on your prefered social media platform (or commit to emailing each daily photo to the 100 Happy Days creators).  Rather than an assignment, the project is meant to encourage you to find moments of beauty and joy in your everyday life that might otherwise go by with little notice if it were not for your camera phone.

I'm an awful explainer (ironic, since I'm in the information profession), so just go to the #100happydays site for the real run down.  In order to prove I haven't spent my entire hiatus lounging on the couch eating dehydrated green beans (don't knock 'em), here are some of my own personal collection of things that have made me happy lately.

Disclaimer: I have NEVER claimed to possess any photography talent.  The photos below attest to that fact.












So,  toodles for now.  I promise that I'll try not to get kidnapped by another blog again.

1 comment :

  1. Missed you and your blog. Glad you're back. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete