April 18, 2014

This Week in PK: April 18, 2014


Remember the fundraiser Mr. Pihl and I went to a week ago?  Well, I'm (more than) seriously considering registering as a walker for the cause.  Watch this video by the Susan G Komen 3-Day Walk people, and you'll see why I want to do this (Warning: I lost my composure about 35 seconds in... sniff).

Excuse me while I pull myself together.

Moving on.

Happy Good Friday!  That means that...

It's almost Easter!

Growing up, Easter was (and remains to be) one of my favorite holidays.  There's the actual spiritual reason (for which I'm beyond thankful), and the superficial I-like-my-family's-food reason.

In my heart, they're both very valid - though one obviously trumps the other.

We'll be having a pretty busy weekend full of faith, family, and food.  Just the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I like it.

Tonight (Friday) we'll be heading out to a good ol' Pihl engagement party in the country and over the weekend we'll get to hang with Mr. Pihl's sister, brother-in-law, and this guy.

Holy heifer, isn't he cute?  I think my uterus just skipped a beat.


In other news, here are some statistics for my week:

The number of links and/or articles I feel compelled to share with you: 4
(and I implore you to look at ALL of them)
This one about photographer Neal Slavin's take on group photos.  (The fishermen are my fave, though the pugs are nothing to mess with)
This link featuring a Meyer lemon tree that is potted and can grow indoors.  After Tuesday's post about lemon bars, I want one.  
This post about those nifty little gems (more commonly called "Easter Eggs") in Disney Pixar films.  In a nutshell, it's about the blink-and-you'll-miss-it cross references of animated films placed in other animated films. 
This video of baby sloths squeaking.  Talk about a cuteness break. 


Enjoy your Easter weekend, my friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment