June 20, 2014

This Week in PK: June 20, 2014

Posted to Instagram

Living in a town that has dubbed itself as "Little Sweden" has its perks.

Exhibit A: Lingonberry Margarita from The Swedish Crown  (shown above, obviously)


Exhibit C: Kubb

Did I just hear you say, "Huh???  Mid-what?  Berry...somthing.  Kuuuuu... I give up."

Don't worry.  I was once like you, but then I moved to a place called "Little Sweden" and married one of their people.

Our town has been preparing all week for this weekend's annual Midsummer's Festival, which essentially celebrates the summer solstice.  You can read more about what makes this Swedish tradition so awesome here.

Lingonberries are a big deal to those crazy Swedes.  I think that they are positively delicious when mixed with tequila and sugar.  Amen.

Lastly... the kubb tournament.  Pronounced "coob".  It's a deceivingly fun yard game played with wooden dowels, blocks, and whatnot.  I don't think Mr. Pihl and I will be competing this year, but we have our own set to play with.  Mr. Pihl and I are becoming obsessed with it, and it's a game I'm going to force my parents to play when they visit in 3.5 weeks.

Mr. Pihl and I are pretty darn excited to join in the festivities this weekend!  If you're in the area (I'm talkin' to YOU, Salina) you should check it out.  Here is a schedule of events!


1 comment :

  1. Dad and I are in…we want to play kubb! Can't wait to see you both.

    ReplyDelete