April 11, 2014

This Week in PK: April 11, 2014

Gina Dreher Photography
Firstly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!  You are amazing, and I love you.

Secondly, I'm a slacker.  I've already mentioned this very true point about myself, but this week's level of non-posting has surprised even ME.

Ay yi yi.


Not much happened this week, apart from Tuesday's festivities.  It was truly a great birthday, when it came down to it.

I spent the day watching 24 (which I thrilled about), eating swedish hardtack crackers with butter (which I wanted), lounging around sans- pants (which I really wanted), and made Hungarian fare made predominantly with the only good kind of paprika in existence for dinner (which is my childhood favorite).



I'm a little opinionated when it comes to things like paprika, dessert, grated cheese, and vanilla, in case you didn't know.

Later that night Mr. Pihl surprised me with this:


And then we got to chat with my folks:


Which was awesome, save for our poor connection.  Every sixth word spoken by my mother was silent.   Also - I swear their cats could hear B because they kept making small appearances in the screen, trying figure out where the tasty chirping treat was located.

Cats.

I don't understand them.

Give me a pup any day.

Anywhoodle, tonight we're headed out to (what I'm suspecting will be) a darn awesome fundraiser.  Mr. Pihl's aunt and cousin are raising money for their 3-Day Walk for a Cure in the form of a massive shindig.

And I do mean massive.

It's taking place in the same (massive) Pihl shop building as our wedding.  It's going to be nuts!  They've created a night that will include a DJ, cocktail hour, some darn amazing BBQ, and a silent auction.

Mr. Pihl and I swung by last night to lend a hand.  It's so fun to see our people help each other out!  I love it.
Here are some of the shots from setup:

Looking south.

Looking north.

The cabbage shredding station for the best coleslaw in the world!  BTW - this was where I was helping last night.  My help had to be cut short when I managed to slice my finger open on the aluminum lids to the containers.  I'm a genius, I know.  Oh, and no cabbage was compromised in the process of my numbskulled-ness.

See above caption.

Some of the silent auction swag.

More silent auction swag.

Even MORE silent auction swag.

Am I becoming redundant?

One of the signs from their creative and inspiring centerpieces.

View from the south doors.  Isn't it lovely?

And the sunset that makes me want to pick up my watercolor paint. 
So that's where we stand as of now.

What are your weekend plans?


No comments :

Post a Comment