September 26, 2014

This Week in PK: September 26, 2014


Long time, no post!

Sorry about that.  Over the past two weeks I've become obsessed with trying to redesign Pihling Kansas MYSELF rather than going to a template that I only 65% like.  That's right...  Me - a dessert loving, coffee drinking, Disney obsessed librarian - trying to figure out CSS code, HTML this and that, and mass JPEG and PNG editing through PicMonkey.  It may only look like only a new header was added, but my friend, there was more.  So very much MORE.  I won't go into the gory details, but yeah... MORE.

Let me tell you one thing:  Thank GOODNESS for Pinterest.  I've been able to hunt down and save helpful blogging and blog design articles at the click of a mouse, and it's definitely help keep me semi-organized during this process.  I suspect it will continue the more I learn while on this grand blogging adventure!

In terms of what we've been up to...  September's been crazy.  I had to work through some heavy stuff both personally and professionally and as a result have had little drive to write here for you.  (Sorry about that.  I still love ya.  Love me, please?!)  Other tidbits from September (in no particular order):

  • Waiting on pins and needles for BIG news from Mr. Pihl's employer
  • Kansas City Chiefs game (yes - I'm still planning on posting the tailgating photos eventually)
  • The death of Mr. Pihl's sweet great-grandmother (she was 105 and based upon the few times I'd met her and the outpouring of love over her memory at the service, she was one amazing woman)
  • Waiting on pins and needles for BIG news from Mr. Pihl's employer
  • Me, committing to the 3 Day Refresh by BeachBody
  • Me, hating my results and going into a temporary dark place due to my 3 Day Refresh experience
  • Me, wholeheartedly prepping for a 60 day round of PiYo by BeachBody(while still maintaining the eating habits I learned from the 21 Day Fix)
  • Getting AWESOME NEWS from Mr. Pihl's employer (YAY!)
  • Trying to learn how to use my DSLR camera
  • Stumbling across a sunflower field at sunset-- Hence the photo above.  I'll post the remainder of the sunflowers this weekend (hopefully)!  I decided to include the scraggly looking one because I feel it is the interpretive art that matched my month.
So there you have it!

This weekend will see another trip to the Renaissance Cafe, an engagement celebration for two fabulous people, a mini 15 year reunion for Mr. Pihl's high school class, and a whole LOT of walking and cleaning.  

What are you up to this weekend?  Whatever it is, enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment