June 27, 2014

This Week in PK: June 27, 2014



So, this happened this week.

By "this" I mean gluten-free monster cookies.

Mr. Pihl requested them for the weekend, and seeing as I have no objections to delicious cookies, I decided to oblige his request.

I'm glad I did.

I currently have a belly full of monster cookie dough, and that's the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I like it.

For ME, this week has revolved around the World Cup, and I have a sneaking suspicion that things will continue in that direction until Sunday July 13, 2014.

Sunday July 13, 2014 is the final of the 2014 World Cup, in case you're interested.

I manage to suppress my inherent soccer-obsessed-former-player-nes during the year, but three out of four summers it rears its ugly head.

And yes, three out of four summers is accurate.  Think: World Cup, Women's World Cup, Olympics, off summer.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Salina needs a co-ed soccer league, maynard.

Sorry I called you maynard.

My soccer-ness is making me a little difficult to live with at the moment.  I'm on edge.  I carry tension in my shoulders.  I constantly have sports radio on.

And I'm willing to admit (I'm THRILLED) that I was wrong about the United States Men's National Team.

#IBelieveThatWeWillWin

On gameday (Thursday) I donned my best red-white-and-blue to create a marriage of team spirit and business casual.  I think I pulled it off, don't you?




Too bad I had to work, though.  And that this letter of excused absence didn't have any influence on my place of employment:

(Source)

A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments :

Post a Comment