March 11, 2014

Tuesday Ten: A Bus, a Smoky Pub, and a Kansas City Weekend

Going into the weekend I had brainstormed "grand plans" of what to write about next here on PK.  Mr. Pihl and I were heading to Kansas City to spend some quality time with his sister and her husband, and their exceedingly cute almost-nine-months-old son.


AKA, my cutie-patootie of a nephew.

Thank you, Google+ for animating my photos!

It allows me (and you!) to relive the cuteness.

Where was I?  Oh.

This weekend also held an opportunity to get to hang out with a large handful of Mr. Pihl's pals.  It involved a  sports bar, a big birthday surprise, a party bus, and an underground Irish pub.

Without going into detail, it wasn't really my cup of tea, but Mr. Pihl and his pals sure seemed to have a wonderful time.  If you're into awesome Irish beer (I am), live music (I am), and cigarette smoke so thick you could cut it with a knife whilst trying to have rational discussions with inebriated adults (no comment), then this was the underground Irish pub for you.

So, in honor of my original planned Tuesday Ten, I give you ten photos of our weekend adventure, ranging from the Kansas City party bus to O'Malley's in Weston, Missouri.

The party bus - AKA, El diablo.

Cheese!

First ones on the bus!  Shortly thereafter it was stuffed to the gills.

Irish pubs and giant balls of twine just go together.  Everyone knows that.

At this point I was clueless as to what awaited me inside...

Say it all together now!  "Spooky."

Doesn't that just scream, "drink me,"?!

After descending three flights of stairs and two steep declines, we still had one more to go.

So we go-ed.

I was obsessed with the coats of arms lining the balcony.  No idea why, though.

Live entertainment by an Irishman left me with the urge to develop an Irish accent to match my hair color.

Okay, fine.  Technically there were eleven photos.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments :

Post a Comment