January 28, 2014

Tuesday Ten - Mexican Style

Welcome to Tuesday!  We're officially halfway through our glorious Mexican honeymoon, and we're already dreading returning home.  While there's SO MUCH to share, I'm going to briefly run down ten snippets of things I've learned here in Mexico.


Uno

I am an accident-prone individual.  

We already knew that well before my thumb-meets-sharp-knife fiasco, however possessing a distinctive lack of grace proves to be a mainstay in my life.


I may or may not divulge more about this particular accident later, but for now let's do an accident run-down worthy of a Tuesday Ten.  

On our first night of our honeymoon we decided to go for a walk on the beach.   Key word?  NIGHT.  The moment moment my tootsies hit the sand, I discarded the goal of walking and I took off toward the sound of the water.  


One hour later I was the new owner of many scrapes, a handful of bruises, one serious cut, and five stitches.  
Amy, full of grace.


Dos

There's a man here named Alberto, and I want to take him home with us.

But-- so does Mr. Pihl.  Alberto is the sushi master at the Japanese steak house on the resort, and he's our new favorite person.   We are definitely maybe TOTALLY taking advantage of this all-inclusive thing by hitting up Alberto for sushi before every night out at our main dinner destination.

*Burp. 

Tres

B is a very little bird.



Meet Mowgli and Lucas.  They could eat miss sassy pants in one chomp if they wanted to.  Fun fact? They're much shier than B (though it's not hard to be since she is only shy on opposite day).



Quatro

I get seasick.

We went snorkeling, and... We're just going to leave it at that.  Trust me.


Cinco

There's a lot iguanas on our resort, and they run when they see me coming.

"What's this?"
"Aww, crap.  It's that redhead again."
"Maybe she doesn't see me..."

 Really.   They're everywhere.  This guy missed the run-from-the-redhead memo and let me snap this shot.   Shortly thereafter he recoiled in fear and backed away slowly.



Seis, Siete, Ocho, Nueve, and Diez

It's so amazing here, photos just don't do this place justice.

But for 6 through 10 -- and then some-- of this unconventional Tuesday Ten, allow me to show off just a little.  This is what we get to see every day...









For the record, there IS sign about the rocks on the beach.

I'm allergic to reading on vacation.

No comments :

Post a Comment