January 15, 2014

Rise. Shine. No coffee.


Good morning!

Whaaaaa.......

Good morning!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

That's the sound I was making all morning right up until that beautiful cup in the photo above met my clammy,  withered, exhausted, caffeine-deprived hand.

I was scheduled to do a quick physical exam this morning which included the need for a fasting blood test.  When I made the appointment, the gal on the line explicitly said, "water only."

I (ignorantly, yet full of hope) replied, "Right, but coffee's fine, right?  Right?!"

"No.  Water only.  No coffee.  No working out.  Just water."


GASP!  Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

It was a rough morning.

The bags under my eyes could serve as my carry on for our honeymoon trip to Mexico in 9 days.

Rough.

Morning.

Rough...

The moment I split out of the exam room, my car cut a direct path (of its own accord) to the nearest Starbucks.  I love my car.  She really looks out for me.

So, here's to a great Wednesday!  May yours be full of caffeine and devoid of fasting blood tests.

Amen.

No comments :

Post a Comment