January 8, 2014

Diet + Bacon = Success

amybpihl on Instagram
With the  Atkins Diet, Diet + Bacon = Success.

Amen, brother.


I used Atkins Phase 1 to help me prepare for our wedding and I'm using it now as we prepare for our honeymoon -- which we leave for in a mere 16 days!!!

16 days = 1,382,400 seconds

In case you were wondering.  Which I know you were.

But getting back to my point...

As mentioned in Our Diet Lifestyle, Mr. Pihl and I practice low carb eating with one cheat-day a week.  Adding Atkins Phase 1 every once in a while just means that I get a leetle more strict, but it's totally doable.

Using our low carb lifestyle, I've manage to say adios to 27 pounds, as of today.  It was actually closer to 32 around weddin' time, but then Christmas cookies happened.  Ungh.

But, hey!  We all fall off the wagon sometimes.

Just find the bacon and keep moving on.  And the cheese.  And the beef. 

I have found the value of using a food diary, and I've chosen MyFitnessPal.com.  I really like it because you can "add friends" who are also on health journeys.  It's social media and encouragement all rolled into one!

For example, when I login I can see that my friend Jac "burned 112 calories doing 28 minutes of walking, 3.5 mph brisk pace."

Well, heck.  Jac's walking.  I should walk too!

Welcome to my thought process.   

Here's a link to my profile on MyFitnessPal.  If you're already on there or looking to join, look me up!  

Let's motivate each other!

(I am NOT a health professional.  I am not qualified to offer medical advice.  Always consult your doctor before changing or adding a diet regimen.  I'm just sharing what has worked for me!)

No comments :

Post a Comment