December 28, 2013

Sleep in Heavenly Peace

Tomorrow Mr. Pihl and I are hosting a festive post-Christmas holiday gathering for the staff at Mr. Pihl's pharmacy.

Mr. Pihl is a pharmacist, by the way.  Have I forgotten to mention that?

Anyhow he is.  And he manages a pretty darn awesome group of folks.  For that reason, we are asking his awesome group of folks to wrangle up their significant others and come down to the house for a spiffy party.

I love to entertain.  It puts me in my happy place.  It's my love language.  It's why I loved every minute of the DIY wedding for 325+ guests we threw in November.  (Except for the clean-up part.  Shudder.)

The byproduct of entertaining, however, is the mad-frenzy of cleaning and house preparing that goes into the process.

My hands smell like bleach.

But the house is clean!  Mr. Pihl and I worked like dogs.

We have quite a smorgasbord planned for the shindig.  I'll be posting recipes and photos in the early part of next week.


In the meantime...

My parrotlet "B" was sooooo exhausted from watching us clean all day.  She couldn't even hang out with me on her perch in our bathroom while I put on my third layer of eyeliner.  She was all set to nuzzle up and snooze until she heard my not-so-stealthy camera phone approaching.

Her one beady little eye caught me.


It's a good thing she's cute.


And fluffy.



And barricaded in her extravagantly large cage currently in order to keep the house clean.

Nobody likes blue feathers in their BBQ pizza, after all.

Stay sassy, B.  Stay sassy.

No comments :

Post a Comment