July 11, 2014

This Week in PK: July 11, 2014

Mr. Pihl painting (thank goodness he's doing it, because painting is NOT my thing).

This week has been spent mentally preparing for next week... WHEN MY PARENTS VISIT FOR A WEEK!

Can you tell I'm excited?

Well, I am.

All week we've been finishing up little half-done projects and whatnot.  I'll be spending the weekend getting the house ready for fun, taking a break to watch the World Cup final on Sunday.

Go Germany!

This week marked my third book discussion week with some gals from my church.  We're reading this book:
-and we meet up to explore the text, fellowship with one another, and simply nourish our souls.  We meet every other week, and I'm truly looking forward to our next round!

Have I mentioned that I planted a vegetable garden this summer?  I think I've mentioned it, but probably haven't shared photos, yet.

Well, now that I'm convinced it's not dying (I kill plants - It's my thing), let me force you to look at my current hobby:

My hobby.  Grow your own food!

The three guys closest to the green fence are all tomato plants, also known as papa bear (massive one at the top-right), mama bear (demure one in the bottom left), and sickly baby bear (in the middle, flipping me off in revolt).

My basil plant is flourishing.  More basil grapefruit ginger mocktail, please!

From left to right: Half of a basil plant, mint, sweet potatoes, green onions, rogue lettuce plant, lettuce.

Jalapeno plant.

And actual jalapenos!

I was so excited to see the plants producing that I failed to take a picture minus the blur.

Lastly, Mr. Pihl and I are having date night (also, cheat night) at The Renaissance Cafe in Assaria.  It's rumored to be pretty incredible (they have a gourmet chef), and is actually a century-old high school gym.  Yup, you eat in the gym.

You can read an article about the restaurant here.

I'm stoked.

I mean, how many people can say that they've eaten a gourmet dinner in a gym.

I'm about to be one of them.

1 comment :

  1. Dad and I can't wait to see you! Love your vegetable garden. Relax, and stop working so hard…we're coming to see you and Derek.

    ReplyDelete